Saturday, August 6, 2011

Packing the truck and the weekend of homelessness

On Saturday, July 30, we started loading the truck at 9. We had a lit if family and friends come to help, which was a great blessing. Two girlfriends came to give me moral support...Melissa and Kelly, which I needed, desperately. I was stressed and tired...oh and cranky. Due to a late booking of the moving van, we got a smaller truck than we wanted and it was a very tight fit. The guys from JM's work just kept shoving and we packed both of our cars and my dad' s truck as well. But after rearranging sad stuffing in the cars it all fit. Yeah!

Then began living with my parents...which for a sort time was fine...my step-mom says that my dad and I have similar personalities, so it is hard for us to get along sometimes...but all went well. They were great, and I think they like spending a bit extra time with the girls.

Church on Sunday was very hard. I cried while Joanna prayed for us in Sunday school and cried a lot during the service. It seemed like the songs were meant for us....and the sermon as well. It was about Jesus being sent to Jerusalem for a purpose ( which if course, was to die on the cross). It seemed that God was telling me that we are being sent to West Plains for a purpose as well.

Of course, lots of tears after the service...hugging friends...people who have become family to me. Knowing that I won't see them often sucks. God blessed us with an amazing church family that I hope to find here in the WP.

No comments:

Post a Comment